Re: Irono-troll (was: Re: The Utility of Privacy)

At 11:58 PM 11/18/96 -0600, Roy M. Silvernail wrote:

>A troll using [email protected] writes in reply to Sandy Sanfort a
>lot of dismissal of past tragedies resulting from privacy violations.
>Hir consistent viewpoint seems to be that protecting ones privacy has no
>value.  Then sie has the temerity to ask
>
>> BTW, are you operating under your True Name?
>
>My ironometer is absolutely pegged.

Mine did too.  It is the most amusing exchange I've seen in a long while.
An extremely stable nym arguing for privacy against an anonymous remailer
arguing that it isn't important.  It makes up for all the trash talk and
references to sexual orientation that the juveniles have been posting.

Bill Frantz       | The lottery is a tax on    | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | those who can't do math.   | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] |       - Who 1st said this? | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA