Re: Another Nutty Idea about SPAM

(apologies if this appears twice...I'm easily confused)

> From: [email protected] (Igor Chudov @ home)

> It is not illegal to make unsolicited phone calls. People must
> take an _action_ (request to be removed from call lists) in order
> not to be bothered.

Yes.  However, there is an organization that will send out such
a list to a large number of big companies that do telemarketing.
If any of those companies call any of the people on the list, they
each send a bill for $100.  If the bill isn't paid, they sue for
the money.  They always get the money.

The telemarketers really hate these people, which means that they
are doing their job.

So, for the spammers, what I'm proposing is not that people *need*
to take action to avoid getting spammed, but that they *can* take
action if they want to get paid for spam.

					-Dan