Re: Another Nutty Idea about SPAM

In <199611270037.SAA11474@algebra>, on 11/26/96
   at 06:37 PM, [email protected] (Igor Chudov @ home) said:

::Omegaman wrote:
::> Igor Chudov wrote:

::>
::> Okay fine.  The spammer is "advised" but if he is unscrupulous in the
::> first place, he'll simply ignore the advice and continue bulk-mailing
::> to every address he can grab.

::In which case the spam-fighting mob will harass him.
                                          ^^^^^^^^
        strange choice of words, when I first read it,
    my mind read _harvest_.

::> > Database maintainers could even provide a email filter-bot that would
::> > accept recipient lists by email and send back the same lists, but
::> > WITHOUT addresses that wish not to receive spam. This way stupid
::> > low-tech spammers (who make up the majority) will be able to process
::> > their email lists quickly and easily.
::>
::> Indeed, stupid low-tech spammers would benefit from such a service if
::> they wish to honor "do not send" requests.
::>
        well, I've always figured that people are basically OK
    until proven otherwise --or their is money involved.
        then there are lawyers....

--
  maybe there is an analogy:

  militias:   "the only way they'll take my weapon
              is from my cooling, smoking hand...."

  bubba:      "the only way they'll take my executive privileges
              is to impeach me --IF I consent to leave."

            <attila>