Re: SAFEPASSAGE BRINGS STRONG CRYPTO TO WEB BROWSERS WORLDWIDE

I would say that depends on -where- &/or -how- you store the premaster/master,
and is dependent on platform threat models rather than attacks on the wire.
These are different problem spaces with different solutions, which some
contemplated
changes to SSL may help address: some tweaks may be useful to support more
secure secret management on the platforms.  But I would not go so far as to
say
that these issues make SSL or an implementation insecure per-se, until I
did the
complete job.

If my platform is compromised such that the master or premaster secret
can be subverted, then I have problems that go way deeper than SSL or a
particular
implementation of it.

Would you like to propose some fixes?  We would be very interested.

Ben Laurie wrote ....