Re: The Rise and Fall of Cypherpunks WAS [Re: the Dennings]

[email protected] writes:
> >         we, and I mean all of us, who contribute the bulk of the
> >     "opinions" to cypherpunks gave the mainstream press the biggest
> >     possible hole to run straight over us, declaring us anarchists
> >     and wild-eyed fanatics. unless we as a group mend our ways, and
> >     turn out intelligent reasoning for the advance of cryptography as
> >     a mainstream way of life, we will be forever consigned not only to
> >     the dustbin, but subject to the ridicule of both the press and the
> >     government.

Quite surprising. This proves (to me) that cypherpunks is nothing more
than lipservice, covertly contributing to the death of the human
spirit which most people seem to want.

"Unless we as a group mend our ways", indeed. By whose standard of
"mending"? If they construct the proper standard can they not
control you by that choice? Is your goal in life to be controlled
by the press and the government?

> >         None of us are above a little sarcasm --but let's get the
> >     vituperative effluent out of the system.  do whatever you wish in
> >     private mail, but keep the profane rantings off the list.

The very existance of the "profane" keeps the "sacred" in existance
as well. If you cannot see that, then John Grubor's lesson is wasted
on you.
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - [email protected]
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

             It is only knowledge that will destroy bias.