Re: Anyone considered adding crypto into Microsoft Outlook?

At 06:44 PM 12/3/96 -0500, Phillip M. Hallam-Baker wrote:
[[It just struck me that it would probably make the most convenient
platform for integrating cryptography. After all MAPI is an open,
extensible API allowing ready access to the email "hooks" necessary. The
integration of an address book with the email system makes it very easy to
add public key information into a person's entry. ]]

It's already been done with MS Exchange.  I assume that this new version
("Outlook", did you call it?) is backwards compatible with Exchange
plugins.  Take a look at:
http://homepage.interaccess.com/~jon/

[[The main problem so far seems to be the impenetrability of the MAPI
documentation. Does anyone know of a usable reference or which of the
gazillion Microsoft Developer network CDs one can find more information?]]

Well, the MAPI SDK used to me on the MS FTP server, but I don't know where
it is since they did their reorganization.

Rick Osborne / [email protected] / Northrop Grumman Corporation
"A few memory locations short of an address space."