RE: Arsen

An unknown person asked:

> >Arsen vainly insisted on listing his name in InterNIC's database as RA1215
> >(unusual for someone supposedly interested in privacy). Arsen listed a phone
> >number (+1 718 786 4227) which is apparently at his parents' residence (48-2
> >40th St, Apt 2B, Calvary, NY 11104-4111) and a fax number (+1 212 725 6559).
>
> Where does one find information to recreate your research?  I was all
> over
> InterNIC's websight but could not find anything on RA1215 or Arsen, let
> alone
> a phone number.  Don't these information services rely on user
> volunteering
> information.  If not, how do I make this information about myself
> secure?

Your tcp/ip package should have a program called 'whois', which goes to
internic and searches its database. I'm not sure if MS includes it in NT or
whatever you're using... If you can't find it, just telnet to internic.net or
rs.internic.net port 43 (important!) and type the string you want to search
for. Save the output - it closes the telnet connection after sending it.
Yes, it relies on people supplying the information about themselves.
Some folks are pretty paranoid about. E.g., fingering [email protected] says:

]----------------------------------------
]       name: You may not view this field.
] department: You may not view this field.
]      title: You may not view this field.
]      phone: You may not view this field.
]    address: You may not view this field.
]      other: You may not view this field.
]   email to: [email protected] (Not present in entry.)
] public_key:
]You may not view this field.

May not view the public key? Come on.