Re: Java DES breaker?

> > >      Why? (specifically, I am about to try using a GCC port to WinNT, and
> > > I would like to know _why_ you think their work is shit).
>
> > First, because it's King John "Lackbrain" Gilmore's company. :-)
>
>      That doesn't say anything about the quality of their work.

It does. John Gilmore is a proven liar. He has no credibility.

> > Second, because they hire unqualified people (rather, people whose
> > qualifications have nothing to do with the job) and they've already
> > fucked up every project they've ever touched.
>
>      Given your statements about Gilmore, can you provide any specifics
> about individuals lack of competence in a given area?

They lack competence in all areas except cocksucking.

> > Third, because they steal from the people who originally developed the
> > free software by charging money for the non-existent "support".
>
>      How is this "stealing"? The GNU license explicitly (IIRC) allows
> this, and it doesn't take anything _away_ from the developer. I don't
> see how it is stealing.

John Gilmore rips off software authors. I don't care what the copyleft says.
Gilmore is a crook.

> > I'm quite happy with MS VC++ for NT. I doubt that Cygnus can do a good job
>
>      Where can I download MS VC++ (Microsoft, now there is a company with a
> marvelous reputation for sterling products.) for the cost of my Internet
> connection?

Given your brazen disregard for the software authors, and general lack of
ethics, you probably have an illegal copy already.

Microsoft sucks. I've had plenty of terrible experience with them trying
to rip me off. John Gilmore is worse.

> > porting gcc to NT. People much better than the assholes at Cygnus have not
> > done a great job porting gcc to OS/2. If I want gcc, I just run it on the
> > Linux box, or a Sun box.
>
>      I already use Linux, and I need to learn NT, so I would like to have
> a compiler, and I can't afford one. It would be nice to be able to learn
> one compiler that works under both platforms. I don't do enough programming
> to be able to justify MS VC++, and I don't have piles of cash hanging around
> waiting for me to throw them at Satan.

If you don't do much programming, then you can a) use a DOS C compiler,
b) use Perl for NT (free from Microsoft; not that I like Perl), c) use
Visual Basic, d) byte the bullet and invest in the compiler from the same
company that wrote the OS. If you want to learn NT system APIs, graphics
APIs, etc, then you probably can't even call them from gcc reliably.

> > Fuck Cygnus.
>
>      Fuck Shrinkwrapped software.

Fuck John Gilmore.

---