Re: The virus I got...

   From: "Vincent Padua" <[email protected]>
   Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 16:41:57 -0800
   Sender: [email protected]

   There was an e-mail sent to the list that had attached to it a virus.  Well
   lucky me I got.  It was a .com file that apparently turns your files into
   directories.  I can't boot into Win95 since it turned my HIMEM.SYS into a
   directory.  So, I seem to have fixed that, but now it says "access denied"
   and then prompts me with C:\>.  Did anyone else get it?  Has anyone heard
   or fixed this virus?

Yes.  It's a deadly mutation of the GOOD TIMES virus.

(People actually go to the trouble of stripping off the leading crap
from the uuencoded part and then *run a program* from someone called
[email protected]? Furrfu.)