Re: Credentials without Identity--Race Bits

At 5:28 AM -0800 12/20/96, Adam Shostack wrote:
>Vangelis wrote:
>| Bill Stewart wrote:
>| > I've heard that in less civilized parts of the world you're actually
>| > required to carry government-issued ID cards to walk down the street
>| > or fly on airplanes.
>
>| Umm.. tried to get on a flight without having ID lately?  Doesn't work -
>| against policy.  Anti-terrorism policy and all.. it's for your own
>| safety, of course.
>
>	Yep.  Sucseeded, twice.  Once, having made jokes about
>smuggling cocaine.

A question for agent Kallestrom (sp?):  If TWA800 went down due to
mechanical failure (a spark blowing up the fuselage fuel tank), do we get
our freedoms back?

Bill Frantz       | I still read when I should | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | be doing something else.   | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] | It's a vice. - R. Heinlein | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA