Both John Gilmore and Ray Arachelian are liars

Ray Arachelian <[email protected]> writes:

> On Mon, 23 Dec 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
>
> > John Gilmore unsubscribed me from this mailing list (in a very rude manner)
> > and I am not allowed to resubscribe. I am not subscribed to this mailing li
>
> Funny, you post messages here, you read messages from here, IMHO, you
> haven't been unscumscribed.

Now you're calling John Gilmore a liar, because he admitted pulling my plug:

]To: [email protected], [email protected]
]Subject: Dr. Vulis is not on cypherpunks any more
]Date: Sat, 02 Nov 1996 02:13:26 -0800
]From: John Gilmore <[email protected]>
]Sender: [email protected]
]
]As stated by Dr. Vulis, he is no longer on the cypherpunks mailing
]list, and indeed [email protected] HAS been instructed to ignore his
]requests to resubscribe.
]
]I removed him, on my own initiative.  I got tired of asking him to
]stop stirring up flames.  When he posted a message saying that we'd
]have to use technical means to stop him from flaming the list, I said,
]"OK".
]
]Tim May was not involved.
]
]I've met Dr. Vulis in person.  He seemed like a reasonable guy.  I
]treated him that way for months, despite his inability to control
]himself on the list.  When he ultimately declined to control his
]outbursts after numerous personal requests, I removed him.
]
]The cypherpunks list is for discussions centered around cryptography.
]I'm sure there are several mailing lists where ethnic cleansing
]discussions would be welcome.  There are probably even mailing lists
]which encourage people to fire off their best inflammatory messages.
]If there aren't, Dr Vulis could start one.  I don't sponsor any.
]
]Cypherpunks, please resist your own temptation to bait him (or anyone
]else).  The best defense a mailing list has against flames is to
]simply ignore them.  When they don't provoke an emotional response,
]they don't accomplish the poster's goal, and the poster eventually
]wanders off in search of more naive pastures.
]
]	John Gilmore
]

Note that John clearly unsubscribed me because he didn't like the contents
of my messages. Later Timmy May claimed that it had something to do with the
size of my submissions (another lie).

---