Re: Hardening lists against spam attacks

Bill Frantz <[email protected]> writes:

> There seems to some confusion about what I actually proposed.  (I never
> seem to be able to write clearly the first time.)  Let me describe in more
> detail my currently preferred token distribution system.

There's no confusion. You propose even more censorship than there is now.

> Since tokens are good forever, majordomo will only give out a limited
> number per day.  I suggest four.  This limit will somewhat protect against
> the attack Ray Arachelian pointed out of having one abusive user collect
> 10,000,000 tokens.

Ray "Arsenic" Arachelian of ASALA/Earthweb is a lying piece of shit, like
the rest of the "cypher punks".

You can complain about Ray Arachelian's libel, spam, forgery, and other
net-abuse to the owners of Earthweb, LLC - the Web designer employing Ray
as an associate network administrator - Jack Hidary <[email protected]>,
Murray Hidary <[email protected]>, and Nova Spivack <[email protected]>.

> have 3 of them going directly to the trash.  Perhaps aga should get
> kickbacks from Qualcomm.  He managed to sell a copy of EudoraPro.)

Qualcomm fired Kent Paul Dolan, so they're not all that bad.

> Tokens would also give the list administrator a tool to discourage certain
> posters.  If John Gillmore wanted to make it hard for Dimitri to post, he
> could cancel Dimitri's token.  Dimitri could get another one (under a
> different name if Majordomo's instructions prevented it from giving him
> one), but John could continue the cancel the new ones.

I'm sure the cocksucker John Gilmore would masturbate every time he did that.

---