'96 Act Tech Fund

Greetings,

I am a researcher at the University of Colorado and I am looking for
information on the Technology Fund mentioned in Section 552 of the
Telecom Act.  I have had little success in getting information on this
fund perhaps because the v-chip has replaced it.

This fund was supposed to be a voluntary effort by industry to come up
with an alternative to the v-chip.  The top 4 networks pledged $2
Million to this fund before the act was passed, but now it seems dead.
The original legislation was proposed by Rep. Coburn (R-OKLA).  This
part of the telecom act is much milder than the v-chip stuff, but nobody
knows what happended.

If you have any information, web sites, new groups or articles that
might be useful it would be very valuable to me.  I am willing to share
whatever information I find and post the final reserach on my web page.

Thanks,

Jeff Grantham