Re: Sandy and I will run a cypherpunks "moderation" experiment in Jan

At 03:06 AM 1/6/97 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
>I believe that every "EASY $$$ MONEY" posting ought to be forwarded
>to the webmaster at the site from which it originated.
>  Those who are harboring these generous souls should also be afforded
>the opportunity to rake in the cash. I can hardly see how anybody
>could possibly resent being reminded of the wonderful opportuninties
>they are making it possible for us to learn of.

Be careful when mailbombing in retribution for spam.  Often the aricles are
forged, and sometimes it's with the direct intention of getting someone
else mailbombed.  I traded some email with a system administrator a few
days ago in this boat -- they had cancelled a customer's account, and to
get revenge the former customer sent out a bunch of spam that was forged to
look like it came from this sys admin's domain.  Even if the site wasn't
literally mailbombed, the system administrator had to spend a lot of time,
I'm sure, delaing with unhappy recipients of the spam, like myself.

Mailbombing is almost always a bad plan, IMHO, besides being a denial of
service attack and probably illegal in a lot of places.

Rich

Rich Burroughs  [email protected]  http://www.teleport.com/~richieb
U.S. State Censorship Page at - http://www.teleport.com/~richieb/state
dec96 issue "cause for alarm" - http://www.teleport.com/~richieb/cause