Re: Airport security [no such thing]

Krenn wrote:

> But wait - won't the all-important "did you pack your bags yourself" and
> "did anyone give you bags to take on the plane" stop them? ;-)

  If your friends or family are a little late catching the same plane as
yourself, then just answer, "No, my son packed them."
  This, on the average, gives your companions an extra 10-15 minutes
to catch the plane, since regulations require them to do a complete
check of your baggage (and they are 'supposed' to take them to a
secure area to do so).
  Since you are ready to board the plane they cannot legally detain
you and let the plane go on, in order to process you and your
baggage according to proper regulatory procedure. They must,
instead, detain the plane.
  They may jump up and down and tell you this is not so, but I have
never missed a plane, and neither have most of my tardy companions.