Re: Newt's phone calls

At 7:07 PM -0800 1/14/97, Eric Murray wrote:
>Clay Olbon II writes:
>> I have a problem with making it illegal to listen to parts of the
>> electromagnetic spectrum.  Seems sort of unnatural.
>
>I think that blowing your mouth off about what you've heard
>by scanning cellular traffic is what's illegal.  Or more illegal
>than merely listening anyhow.

The 1935 communication act made it illegal to pass on what you had heard
when listening to certain radio services.  Listening was OK.  Telling
others wasn't.

Bill Frantz       | Client in California, POP3 | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | in Pittsburgh, Packets in  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] | Pakistan. - me             | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA