Re: David E. Smith / Known Flamer

Toto wrote:
> David E. Smith wrote:
> > My understanding was that the moderator is supposed to ONLY
> > filter out ads and utterly-content-free messages.

>   That seems to be a very common misunderstanding--one which will
> remain without question on the censored list, since they have
> chosen to remain behind the ElectroMagnetic Curtain.

You'll recall that Sandfort (as Logos) ranted without letup about
decorum, decorum, ... ad nauseam, which, now that I look back on
it, is a *very* handy tool for controlling the list.  Logic does
not interfere with decorum, despite the implication of the nym
Logos.

> >  (Mind you, I took the smart out and subbed to cp-unedited,
> > so I'm in no place to judge.)

>   You're in a far better place to judge than those who have
> chosen to remain spoon-fed their world-view.

I just hope your judgement isn't skewed when you don't get some of
the mail, i.e., when the pony breaks down and can't run for awhile.

> > Aha, a good point to be brought up: Sandy, are you autofiltering
> > anyone based on user name, or on certain keywords? Seems to
> > defeat the purpose of having a _human_ moderator.

>   You realize, of course, that your question is moot, since this
> post of yours was already thrown in the crapper/flame-list.
>   It seems that questioning the process is a 'flame'.

The List Lord made it clear "In The Beginning" that some posts would
probably be irretrievably lost due to unavoidable "mistakes".
Think "FBI Crime Lab".  You get the picture.