Re: Moderation [Tim,Sandy]

At 11:48 PM 2/3/97 GMT, Adam Back wrote:

>Lucky Green <[email protected]> writes:
>> I believe that Cypherpunks is beyond hope of recovery. In fact, each day
>> Cypherpunk (as in [email protected]) lives on, it does damage to the
>> cause. Let's kill the list. Once and for all. Let the hard core crypto go
>> to Coderpunks, the politics to Cryptography, and the garbage into the void.
>
>What about the leaks?  (rc4.c, Mykotronics dumpster contents, etc)
>Where do they go?

I have been thinking about this question. I don't really have an answer
other than that the more recent leaks posted to this list drew zero
response. How many of you remember the anonymous message posted to this
list revealing that Skipjack is an elliptic curve cipher? [One of the most
respected names in cryptography confirmed this to me in private
conversation. No, the person was not privy to the secret specs. The person
didn't need to be. :-]

If nobody cares about the leaks, why do we need to provide a forum for
them? Besides, there are other fora that could be used. sci.crypt or
Coderpunks are both good places to post "found" code.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]> PGP encrypted mail preferred

   "I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and
    violence, I would advise violence." Mahatma Gandhi