RE: My Departure, Moderation, and "Ownership of the List"

   >(And if Sandy wants comity and good cheer, let him either form
   >his own list or establish a filtered list just the way Blossom
   >and Arachelian did. Hijacking the list to reform it in his own
   >image is dirty pool.)

Just something from another perspective: I've been on the list for
quite a long time, though I've never posted. I've been online for
over ten years, ran my share of mailing lists, and understand
majordomo quite well.

As far as I can tell, nobody has ever advertised or posted
instructions for joining Blossom's or Arachelian's lists. At one
time I gave a little bit of an effort to find them, to no avail.
They don't seem readily available on the search engines (again, as
of about 6 months ago).

I never did flat out post a request for the information, as it was
not that important for *me* to find it. I imagine that these
individuals might have limited resources for a list-too-large, but
is there really a reason this is request-only info?

---

  Jason Vagner <[email protected]> Resist KRAP and GAK. Police States
  Are Bad. "All that one can give is what is going to happen, which may
  have little to do with a present that you can grasp." - Avital Ronell.