FW: Cyphernomicon by Tim May

(meant to send this to the list earlier)
From:	Toto

  Personally, I could care less when people want to play footsie-games
with flaming, but I think it points out the ludicrousness of having
a moderator limiting people to 'childish' insults.
  I prefer someone screaming at me what a cocksucker I am.

Now, you know it has to do with proportion:  if Jim Choate, in the course
of an ADD-induced discourse on the reprehensability of libelous
indiscretions, happens to let out a "Bessie", it's going to be less
disconcerting than to read continuous content-less alerts consisting of
nothing but declarations against your personal virtue.   At the very least,
the one provides some cause for educated clarification, while the other
leaves nothing to say, but only to filter.

However, it's 3:00 a.m. PST and Sandy's asleep right now, so if you really
feel like flaming somebody uninhibitedly, now's the time to get past the
flame-bot (hee-hee).

=

 Ray Hettinga forwards these long, literate missives advertising
this-or-that million dollar a plate conferences, but when he chose
to insult me with his own words, the result was an immature
blathering which showed questionable literary skills.

Bad, Ray  -  Bad!

=

  It would be nice, however, to try to twist the rest of the list
around to my own world-view. It gets lonely here in the 'rubber room'
at the Home, and I could use some company.

You're at liberty to try.   Why don't you start with Messrs. Jim and Jim.
(but, wait  -  let me set up my Inbox Rules.....)

    ..
Blanc