Re: Ming-Ching Tiew's crypto programs

Bill Stewart wrote:

> Ming-Ching Tiew <[email protected]>
> he's Malaysian, working from Malaysia, but his web page is on a
> US-located free-web-page server.  Some of the code on it is
> marked US-only; other code is world-readable and on a machine in Germany.

> Here at which you look for my Win32 File Encryptor
> which uses "Cryptlib" :-
>   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8298
>
> The program is provided in source and binary. Non-US
> people should follow the re-direct and get it from
> the non-US site.

  This points out the irony of U.S. citizens being second-class
citizens in the world of crytpography.
  Any commie-terrorist who wishes (no reference to Ming-Ching intended),
can post any type of strong or trojan-filled cryptographical product
that he wishes within our borders, and give pointers to where
it can be obtained from countries where citizens have more freedom than
those in the U.S.
  In actuality, foreign companies and citizens are free to send us email
touting "Porn-Hider / The Child Molester's Best Friend", based on strong
encryption. We, on the other hand, can be imprisoned and fined for
making any level of crypto available for people trying to escape the
wrath of murderous dictators.
--
Toto
http://bureau42.base.org/public/xenix/xenbody.html