Re: Reporters, Declan, Columns, Articles, and Angles

> >Nothing personal. I just get tired of hearing about "story angles" and
> >"columns." Frankly, the only people I want to communicate with are those
> >who take the time to read this and related lists....the sheeple who read
> >about the Net in Time and Newsweek and their ilk are not worth
> >communicating with. They will be spaded under.
>
> But what if Declan were writing for the Economist...

I have a lot more respect for Duncan's style than certain Economist articles.

A case in point was a little hatchet job some journo-hack did on Sorros' piece on the open society in the Atlantic monthly. I consider that Sorros has demopnstrated empirically a knowledge of markets that few economists and no journalists can claim to match yet the economist decided to have a go at him.

In any case since the piece was principally about political philosophy the Economist interpretation was plain wrong.

	Phill