Re: Introducing newbies to encryption (was: Re: anonymous credit)

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997 [email protected] wrote:

> I would not call it truly "utopian". There is not much that's needed to
> achieve reasonable personal security, protecting from attacks from the
> Internet  -- an individual (pesonal) computer system that offers no
> internet services. Could be bought for $300 or less.

That makes a lot of sense for data security in the general sense, but I'm
uncertain how useful that would be in terms of helping the user have more
secure email.  Is there an offline mail reader for standard Unix systems
that would run on a platform like you describe?

-Eric

--
Thus the time may have come to abandon the cool, measured language of
technical reports -- all that talk of "perturbations" and "surprises" and