Re: Rape, death and XS4ALL

> > > A ban on all handguns even when registered (currently all pistols above
> > > .22 are banned and all guns have to be registered in a process whereby if
> > > the applicant for a certificate has any history of political dissention
> > > or crime (eg. Smoking a joint, the ultimate sin against society) the
> > > certificate will be refused.
>
> What would be an example of such political dissention?

Well, I`m pretty sure that, having recently been involved in campaigns
against the ban on handguns, written to a number of people in positions
of power over the proposed TTP scheme in the DTI white paper etc. my
firearms licence will not be renewed the next time it comes up for review.
The powers that be now presumably see me as a loon.

A damning enditement on the British people is that last time I mentioned
to someone my having written to the home office and others over the
proposed gun ban I was called a lunatic and told "The sort of person who
writes to the home office over something like that is the least suitable
to have a gun".

I can assure you this is not a one-off, this happens every time people who
don`t shoot find out I do. They have been brainwashed by the
tabloid press, for example, the daily mail ran a particularly vitriolic
hate campaign against gun owners singling out Albie Fox, leader of the
campaign against the ban, and calling him a "Gun obsessed lunatic".
This, recall, is the same daily mail which rants every day about the
"evil of drugs" and how the only way to "save society" is to throw
everyone who doesn`t support their particular brand of bigoted fanaticism
into jail for the rest of their life.

And of course, one would imagine that those who actually owned guns and
used them for sport themselves would be the most informed people who
would realise that the criminal use of guns is at the opposite end of the
scale to the sporting use allowed in British law. However, I know several
people who have said "I`m happy to give up my guns if it will save
lives", to this I simply reply "who were you going to kill?" then walk
away, these people don`t even deserve correcting as their bullshit is so
deep.

In addition, when the police revoke or refuse to renew a firearms
certificate, they do not need to give a reason, so one cannot even prove
that it was because of speech or opinions they didn`t like that they
revoked the certificate. Even if you could, it is unlikely a challenge in
court would succeed, the UK does not have the same free speech guarantees
as are given in the US and elsewhere, and any court challenge would fail,
of that I am sure.

Also, to worsen the situation, the labour party has now come to power and
as I have already explained in a previous post this make matters even worse.