Re: Spam Update/Cyber Promo attacked

In <v03007807af9a5cf5c64a@[207.167.93.63]>, on 05/10/97 at 11:16 AM,
   Tim May <[email protected]> said:

>At 7:37 AM -0800 5/10/97, William H. Geiger III wrote:

>>Yes this is true just as it is ligit for me to make arp request to their
>>routers, lots of arp requests <EG>. There is nothing ilegal from me sending
>>such a request nor is their any limitation on the number of request that I
>>make.
>>
>>Yep and sending me spam is saying "Make more arp requests!!!!"
>>
>>So?

>I never claimed otherwise. The effort to shut down CyberPromo with
>coordinated ARP attacks is to be commended. This will probably turn out to
>be another success story for Cypherpunks, having forced Wallace off the
>air, so to speak.

>"What goes around, comes around."

>If you read my post carefully you'll see that I never said ARP attacks
>were unjustified. I merely took issue with Ray A.'s point that CyberPromo
>was not "honoring" requests to cease. (Absent a contractual arrangement,
>no one is under any obligation to "honor" requests about what they wish to
>have sent to them in e-mail.)

Ahhh... an erroneous jump in logic on my part. I had made the assumption
that you were also in disagreement with the ARP attack. Glad to see that we
are both on the same side of this issue. :)

Eventually programmers will learn that the Internet is a hostile
environment and code accordingly.

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

Finger [email protected] for PGP Key and other info

Tag-O-Matic: Windows: From the people who brought you EDLIN!