Re: Spam Update/Cyber Promo attacked

At 7:37 AM -0800 5/10/97, William H. Geiger III wrote:

>Yes this is true just as it is ligit for me to make arp request to their
>routers, lots of arp requests <EG>. There is nothing ilegal from me sending
>such a request nor is their any limitation on the number of request that I
>make.
>
>Yep and sending me spam is saying "Make more arp requests!!!!"
>
>So?

I never claimed otherwise. The effort to shut down CyberPromo with
coordinated ARP attacks is to be commended. This will probably turn out to
be another success story for Cypherpunks, having forced Wallace off the
air, so to speak.

"What goes around, comes around."

If you read my post carefully you'll see that I never said ARP attacks were
unjustified. I merely took issue with Ray A.'s point that CyberPromo was
not "honoring" requests to cease. (Absent a contractual arrangement, no one
is under any obligation to "honor" requests about what they wish to have
sent to them in e-mail.)

--Tim May