Re: Printers are munitions?

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Tim May wrote:

> As for transmitters in printers, this sounds like a variant. Plus, I
> wouldn't think there was enough time between the start of the buildup of
> the U.S. response and the air attacks for the plan to be hatched, for the
> Iraqis to place and receive orders, etc. And the chance of some random
> printer ending up in an air defense station seems unlikely. And so on.

Besides the fact that the US wasn't exporting anything to IRAQ at the
time, along with most of the rest of the western world, where would they
have bought printers from?

(Unless of course they were purchased before the invasion of Kuwait, but
they were our allies until we misled them... hmmmmmmmm...)

Ryan Anderson - <Pug Majere>     "Who knows, even the horse might sing"
Wayne State University - CULMA
[email protected]                        Ohio = VYI of the USA
PGP Fingerprint - 7E 8E C6 54 96 AC D9 57  E4 F8 AE 9C 10 7E 78 C9