Re: Just Say "No" to Congress

At 09:13 AM 5/14/97 -0800, Tim May wrote:
>We're basically under assault from all directions. The bozos in Congress
>and state governments are spinning out new laws and obscure regulations
>faster than we can react...and of course they're using our money to
>generate these laws and lobby for them. Further, a mostly-brainwashed
>Washington media population is surprising uncritical of these blizzard
>drifts of new laws.
>The "there ought to be a law" crowd is in high gear.

I seem to recall a proposal from the late 19th century suggesting that
the Patent Office be closed because there was nothing left to invent.
In a similar, but more serious vein, I think Congress should be shut
down, because there are no new laws that we need.

Excepting, of course, my earlier anonymous suggestion that children be
kept from "soft targets".

I'm not a TruthMonger, but I play one on T.V.