SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

At 11:08 PM -0800 5/18/97, Lucky Green wrote:
>some clue as to future actions/other suspects. Remember that the IRS agent
>found the AP essay by means of an Internet search engine. That almost
>certainly means he is following the discussions about Jim Bell on the Net.
>Such as the discussion on Cypherpunks.
>
>It must be truly frightening to this person to read some of the threads on
>this list. Nerve gas, C4, race-specific biological weapons, bypassing
>airport security systems, not to mention money laundering and tax evasion,
>what hasn't been discussed here?

Well, I think it's been some months since we last talked about the ethics
of having the Ruby Ridge shooter, <CENSORED>, marked for killing by
rightist bounty hunters. (I hear he's changed his name, and may even be in
the Witness Security program, according to a little birdie down at the
range.)

We talk about the things Paine, Franklin, Madison, Jefferson, and other
Founders would probably have talked about were they writing today. (I'm not
comparing our discourse to theirs, in quality or quantity, for lots of
reasons. But certainly some of the more fiery speeches of Mr. "Give me
liberty or give me death!" would surely raise the same flags that our
(theoretical) discussions of initiating infowar against Congress raise.)

Also, my tag line, "Death to tyrants!" is straight out of the Founders' mouths.

(Sadly, we now have several hundred thousand tyrants, mostly in Washington
and state capitals, who have richly earned this fate...something the
Founders would be screaming for action about.)

>The feds may not be aware that the discussions on this list are usually of
>a theoretical nature. Perhaps they decided to go after the
>"co-conspirators". Like the anarchists in California with their AR-15's who
>have so many mags that they can't even  remember where they all are. :-)

I've since found a dozen or so of these clips. Circumstances have motivated
me to look through some of my packed boxes.

>The fact that Jim is held _without bail_ would indicate to me that there is
>more going on than might meet the eye.

Indeed. Lock and load.

We talk about the topics of interest to us. If the media characterizes us
as "crazies" or "militia members," or as "terrorists," this is just par for
the course. If, however, police departments and intelligence agencies mark
us for harassment, arrest, prosecution, forfeiture of assets, etc., then
this is what guns are for.

--Tim May