Re: Jim Bell goes to Jail!

On Mon, 19 May 1997, Lucky Green wrote:

> I stand corrected. The essay was found in the car. However, after the essay
> was  found the agent searched the Internet for copies of the essay and
> posts by Jim Bell discussing it. The agent's original affidavit states the
> number of AP related post by Jim the fed could find via a search engine.

So how useful are things like e-mail messages and newsgroup postings in
court? Can e-mail really be used as court evidence and has it actually
been used in any cases? It might probably differ in different coutries and
states, but there must be some generl opinion about this. Is it may be up
to the police / court to decide if a message is really written by someone
who's name is under there. You can easily forge e-mail, mail headers and
mail logs.

J�ri