attila the hun (was Re: Wine Politics Again!)

Bill Stewart <[email protected]> writes:
> At 11:13 PM 5/20/97 -0700, Kent Crispin wrote:
> >On Tue, May 20, 1997 at 04:23:10PM +0000, Attila T. Hun wrote:
> 	[rant deleted - bill]
> >Speaking of power corrupting, notice how the power to speak
> >anonymously has destroyed this poor souls brain.

Kent, I think you would find that Attila would be perfectly happy to
include his map coordinates, phone number, full name and address and
repeat his views to you, or to repeat them to your face, aside from
the privacy considerations.

> Attila's not anonymous - he's a regular poster, and has been
> for long enough to build up some reputation around his penname.

I'm not sure how anonymous Attila is in total.  He made a comment on
this with regard to Black Unicorn's anonymity a short while back.  I'm not
sure he's trying to hide his identity to that great a degree beyond
using a nick name that some folks gave him years back.  There are
several things which would help you track details down... he has
regularly discussed his local mormon community, the location in which
he lives, and his own domain "hun.org", his position within the local
mormon church, his big bore 'bike, physical appearance (300lb gorilla
I think is his own description), nationality, qualifications, military
service details, etc.  A whois on hun.org would likely get you his
phone number, or someone who would know his phone number.  His
primenet account would probably similarly get you info.  Unless he
uses aliases in real life also, and unless the details he has given us
over the years are not true.  (I haven't met him, though I think
others have).

In short I believe you picked on the wrong guy if you considered
Attila an example of someone with lots to say when hiding behind
strong anonymity.

Adam