Re: Compelling a key (fwd)

At 4:45 PM -0800 5/21/97, Jim Choate wrote:
>Hi Tim,
>
>And here I was believing your speal about being in your kill file, oh well.
>It must be true that nothing is sacred.

Before I even look at the rest of your message, let me make my filtering
policy clear: I freely move people into my filter file, which puts their
messages in my Eudora trash file. These messages are still viewable, unless
I have issued the "Empty Trash" command.

When volumes are low, or I have spare time and/or curiosity, I can look
into the  Trash folder to see what has accumulated. Usually its a lot of
crap from Vulis, and from his shadow, Graham John-Bullers, etc..

Sometimes I move names out of this filter file. "Random reinforcement,"
where they never know whether I'm reading their messages or not, has some
advantages.

(I did this with Kent Crispin just recently.)

On to your message:

>> In practice, I think the Washington, D.C. doctor, Elizabeth X, the woman
>> who refused to say where her children were, was held for about 2 years, and
>> that this was the all-time record for a contempt case. She was ultimately
>> released when the court concluded she had no intention of cooperating.
>
>Exactly! It is ENTIRELY up to the individual judge who issued the contempt
>citation. If they are pissed enough 2 years will be nothing. As far as I
>have been able to find there are NO statutes, other than that of a statute
>of limitation for a particular type of crime, that limit how long you can
>sit in jail on contempt.

Agreed.

--Tim May