Re: NRA and National Online Records Check bullshit

> The idea is that the criminal has received their punishment once released
> from prison. Any further infringements on the person's rights are
> unacceptable. That includes the person's Natural Right to acquire
> fully-automatic weapons, should he so desire. [BTW, the nature of the crime
> committed is irrelevant].

Not so, I believe Kent pointed out the US statute that describes
unreasonable punishment as being "cruel and unusual", banning ownership
of firearms as part of the punishment for a violent crime seems perfectly
reasonable to me, but foo on that anyway: punishment should fit the
crime, if you commit murder or rape or any one of a number of such
serious crimes I see no reason why you shouldn`t be punished cruelly.

I can see the point of view which accepts serving of sentence as being
the end of punishment, and I do not accept a ban on firearms as being
implicit in the commision of a felony, but if a court explicitly states
that part of the punishment should be a X year or lifetime ban I can
accept that.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]