Re: random remailer forwarding (Was: Jeff's Side of the Story.)

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Bill Stewart wrote:

> >Well, to make the remailers more intelligent, have them count incoming
> >mail from the list of remailers participating in the system.  (either that
> >or a rate)  when one remailer seems to be sending much more mail than the
> >others (which shouldn't happen if all remailers are randomly distributing
> >the mail to each other)  you automatically do the random forward to
> >another remailer.
>
> That's a way to guarantee that the remailers that aren't working
> get more of the traffic.....

So there's a few problems still, sheeeeeeshk.  Actually, if you haven't
heard anything from a remailer for a while, you'd probably drop it from
your calculations.  I'd also assume that the mailers participating in this
random forwarding system were at least somewhat stable.. :-)

Ryan Anderson - <Pug Majere>     "Who knows, even the horse might sing"
Wayne State University - CULMA   "May you live in interesting times.."
[email protected]                        Ohio = VYI of the USA
PGP Fingerprint - 7E 8E C6 54 96 AC D9 57  E4 F8 AE 9C 10 7E 78 C9