Re: ISP signatures on outgoing mail

On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Ryan Anderson wrote:

[...]

> this doesn't seem to help solve the problem very much.  The way SMTP works
> right now, spammers can frequently just connect to somebodies SMTP server,
> drop off a load of e-mail, and let their server handle it.

There is now meany patchers to avoid mail relaying like this.  Good ISP's
don't let mail to go from an outside site to anoughter outside site.

>  (identical to how the ISPs customers drop off mail)

No its diffrent ISP's customers move from the inside to the outside.

Please excuse my spelling as I suffer from agraphia see the url in my header.
Never trust a country with more peaple then sheep.  Buy easter bilbies.
Save the ABC Is $0.08 per day too much to pay?  ex-net.scum and prouud
I'm sorry but I just don't consider 'because its yukky' a convinceing argument