Welcome To Cypherpunks! / Re: can i join

Marc J. Wohler wrote:
> At 10:37 PM 7/6/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >[email protected] wrote: (Subject: can I join)
> >> thanx
> >
> >   ...  Oh, Jesus, another stupid AOLer.  Well, let me go through the
> >proper procedures.
> >
> >Time for the flame-form.
>
> Bennett,
> I got some chuckles from your  'Flame Form' and sympathize with view
> expressed therein.
>
> However:
> How do you propose that we get our import  message of strong crypto
> awareness out to the clueless if we display elitism, impatience and
> intolerance to their ignorance?

                       Welcome to the
                  Cypherpunks Mailing List (TcM)
               *** Level 3 ***
                  CLUELESS
               *** Level 3 ***
  Level 3 is the second lowest entry level available. From Level 3,
you may move up to other levels, at which the pinnacle is Cypherpunk
Elite, or down to Level 1, which each member of the Cypherpunks Mailing
List (TcM) has his or her own pet name for.
  Your reputation capital is increased or decreased according to the
quality and frequency of your posts. You will be given clues as to
how other list members rate your post (shit-for-brains) and if you
miss these clues, then you risk being demoted to Level 1--Moron.

is based on the "Snow Anarchistic Rating System"...the "Paul Bradley
MiniAnarchist Rating System"...ad infinitum...since it is a random,
daily changing composite of the rating systems of each individual
Cypherpunk.
Thus, once again, the higher levels are not necessarily better and you
may be subject to support and praise, or attack and condemnation, no
matter what the content or quality of your posts. The source of your
support on the list, or the attacks against you, may change from time
to time depending on which list member is having a "Bad Algorithm Day."

Also be advised that due to the highly technical nature of some of the
mathematical concepts addressed on the list, it is possible to move
beyond Level 0 (Flame Ony/No Content) and into negative levels of
reputation capital such as Level -1 (where your Doppleganger sends
10 copies of your own posts back to you).
At Reputation Capital levels below -1, you may be subjected to shame,
humiliation and filtering to the point where the only hope for your
posts being read is for you to post to the list anonymously, as a
"Monger" of one sort or another.

In conclusion, "Welcome to the list, _CLUELESS_!"

  "If you check the archives, you will find that I said "thanx" to the
list back in 1992. In the future, please give me proper credit for the
quote when saying "hi" to the list."
Personal Note to Level 3 Entrants from Dr. Dimitri Vulis, KOTM:
  "When sending ASCII Art slams against Timmy C. Mayo to the list, it
is not necessary to give me proper credit, as I will be given full
credit for it automatically, even though it is really Timmmy sending
the ASCII art, himself.