Re: hand-held computers Re: Electronic commerce has long way togo

>At 09:07 AM 7/15/97 -0700, Eric Murray wrote:
>>> What _are_ the cool things Ian Goldberg can do with a Pilot,
>>> anyway?
>>
>>SSL, telnet, ssh, xcopilot, a POP mail client and some more stuff.
>>http://www.isaac.cs.berkeley.edu/pilot/
>
>Even better, the Pilot is about the same size as the new Ricochet wireless
>modem. Keeping the modem in your pocket and the Pilot in your hand, you can
>run Emacs over SSH from anywhere in the Bay Area.

For those outside of Metricom's coverage areas, NovaTel Wireless
http://www.novatelwireless.com is introducing a CDPD modem specifically
designed for the Pilot.  Their Minstrel modem offers TCP/IP data rates up
to 19.2 kbps over analog cellular.  Coverage in most US metropolitan areas
is now available.  List price is expected to be $ 399. and deliveries are
scheduled to begin in late summer.

--Steve

PGP encrypted mail PREFERRED (See MIT/BAL servers for my PK)
PGP Fingerprint: FE 90 1A 95 9D EA 8D 61  81 2E CC A9 A4 4A FB A9
Steve Schear (N7ZEZ)     | Internet: [email protected]
7075 West Gowan Road     | Voice: 1-702-658-2654
Suite 2148               | Fax: 1-702-658-2673
Las Vegas, NV 89129      |

        God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
        The courage to change the things I can;
        The weapons that make the difference;
        And the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people that got in my way;-)

        "Surveilence is ultimately just another form of media, and thus,
        potential entertainment."
        --G. Beato

       "We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million
        typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of
        Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is
        not true."                           -- Dr. Robert Silensky