Re: CCTV Cameras in Britain

>     only option for law enforcement will be to remove the offending
>     devices or declare maks illegal for public use (a real stretch for
>     civil liberties).
>
> Yeah, right, get real. The only reason you might want to avoid being
> identified is if you have something to hide.

And surely the only reason anyone would want to encrypt anything was if
they had something to hide.

I regularly walk very close to shop fronts in the towns near me so I stay
out of the field of vision of the CCTV cameras, arrest me now, I must be
dangerous....

> Wearing a mask is only
> going to draw attention to you, and if you think everyone is suddenly
> going to start wearing masks...like I said in paragarph one, most
> people over here welcome the cameras.

I think if enough people wore suitable hats it would make it more
difficult for individuals to be identified on CCTV tapes.

> Please don't misinterpret my motives. I would be the first to celebrate
> if no threat to privacy existed. Unfortunately there are immoral,
> irresponsible and downright antisocial (not to mention the
> psychologically unsound) people who will not abide by the law, or to
> what we regard as social norms and persist in infringing our rights.

Define law, and define social norms and why they should be adhered to. On
second thoughts, don`t even bother, just think it over for yourself, I am
uninterested in your perspective.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]