Re: Censorware Summit Take II, from The Netly News

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, William H. Geiger III wrote:

> I think that several of us need to get together with the authors of Lynx
> and produce a GNU secure webbrowser and take on these SOB's.
>
> I don't think that it would be all that much work to mimick NetScapes
> plugin interface so the same plugins will work with the GNU browser.

While they are still in early stages, Project Mnemonic is a team of
programmers working on an open, modular GNU browser that will have the kind
of functionality that you describe (and eventually be able to run in various
modes, such as text only, svgalib, X, etc). They need C++ programmers to
help, so spread the word. The story is at
<http://www.wired.com/news/news/technology/story/3907.html>.

<http://dsl.org/m/>  Copyright (c) 1997 Michael Stutz; this information is
email [email protected]  free and may be reproduced under GNU GPL, and as long
                     as this sentence remains; it comes with absolutely NO
		     WARRANTY; for details see <http://dsl.org/copyleft/>.