Re: IRS sending warning notes, violating ECPA?

> It certainly appears that the IRS has sent "warnings" out to all of us
> active in the debate. It appears they used the addresses found in e-mail at
> Bell's residence, from some of the comments here (especially that other
> lists besides the Cypherpunks list were involved).

Does anyone here who didn`t recieve a copy of the mail recall if they
ever mailed Jim directly, and not through the list?

The way I see it there are two possible ways the motherfuckers got the
addresses, either they found the lists Jim subscribed to and did "who
cypherpunks" etc. to the servers, to get the list of participants, or
they used any adresses off the mail jim has recieved in the past, I got a
copy of it and I have privately emailed Jim several times so I can`t
really say which is more likely.

If it is the second I am hereby giving Jim a public dresssing down for
not encrypting the filesystem ;-)....

> "Mr. Bell, if you confess and plead guilty, you'll receive a one-year
> prison term. If you don't confess, when we find you guilty you'll receive
> the maximum term. If you confess but Mr. May _also_ confesses, you'll still
> receive the maximum term. If neither of you confesses, you'll still be
> found guilty. So, what'll it be?"

The sending of this email to people Jim has communicated with, if it was
a real mail (I haven`t checked before but other people have and have said
the headers indicate it passed through several .gov hosts), constitutes
cowardly harrasment. Lock and Load.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]