Re: DEATH TO THE TYRANTS

At 8:03 AM -0700 7/24/97, Ray Arachelian wrote:

>For one thing, I suggest we setup a nice big form letter and spam them
>back with it stating that we do not condone spamming and that we intend to
>sue their asses for using our private emails to distribute government
>propaganda.  (The quartering of soldiers and all that shit would be a nice
>constituional point to include.)  Any lawyer like folk willing to write up
>such a beast?  I'd gladly attach my email address to it as it's being
>sent.

Well, we've had this disagreement before. They, the IRS, have as much right
to use e-mail addresses as anyone else. "Unrequested mail" is not spam.

As for suing them, on what basis?

I think it mildly worrisome, and _potentially_ evidence of threatening
behavior, to send out press releases to those who are not parties to the
Bell matter and are not known to be reporters or media outlets, but this
all remains to be shown.

And of course it may be embarassing to the IRS to be sending out e-mail
with the subject header "DEATH TO TYRANTS." (Note that it was not "Re:
DEATH TO TYRANTS.")

A sentiment I agree with, of course, but I didn't think they did. Maybe
there's one of us inside the Beast? Maybe he's been reading the threads on
how to acquire Semtex?

--Tim May