Re: Interesting Question..

At 03:23 PM 7/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Here is an interesting question. The U.S government has classified
>encryption software as a munitions under the U.S ITAR regulations, which
>
>will limit the export of same. They rarely if ever approve an export
>unless they have thoroughly inspected it and have been given certain
>shall we say assurances.
>Next they develop a number of different chips
>that rely on a classified algorythm, which incidently they developed.
>They say that they want the entire population of the U.S to use these
>chips, going so far as to use their market power to put additional
>pressure on enterprises to manufacture and use these chips. Next the >FBI

The popualtion might, since too many people seem to think we are the
government's workers, not vice-versa.

>howls thatt they need a law to ban domestic non-escrowed encryption.

The FBI basically complains that the Constitution ties their hands to
enforce draconian laws.

>Then we have the Congress trying to pass stricter laws regarding
>encryption while screaming that they have to protect the children from
>all this nasty stuff on the web. This they scream even though they can't

14 year olds will look at hooters, given the chance [shock]

>pass a balanced budget or manage to find enough money to educate those
>self same kids. Next we have us, the general public, who are worried
>that the government will abuse this proposed system. The government says
>they won't, which we are supposed to believe even though their track

[cough, bullshit, cough]

I wouldn't trust the government with anything.  Which suprises me that
stupid parents leave their kids in buildings that are known targets of
anti-government military groups.  Oh well.

Most americans probably don't know what Encryption is.  Most americans
think that because some half-assed monkey Senator says that some guy could
use to send around kiddie-porn without the FBI catching him, they think
that encryption is evil.

>record shows that we can't trust them past the first money trough that
>comes their way. That leaves one final question. How long until they
>stop asking and pleading and start demanding we use this system of
>theirs. How long until we become criminals by enacting our right not to
>use it?

Reminds me of the gun laws.

>Interesting, don't you think?

Interesting how many americans are getting screwed without ever knowing it.

They sit on their asses, watching their stupid TV shows, believing the
regurgitated shit the media tosses them when one man blows up a building.

Sometimes I want to kick the whole goddamn country in the face.