Gary Burnore Arrested at Critical Mass

Those of you in the San Francisco area have seen headlines
about the Critical Mass monthly bicycle rides around San Francisco
and about how Da Mayor and the police decided to control them
(as if telling an anarchy what to do is productive for anyone)
and arrested 250 people, some for running red lights, but
many for failing to disperse, as near as I can tell from the papers.
It was overall a fun evening, though my brakes weren't really
up to Lombard Street :-)

Anyway, Gary Burnore, scourge of the remailers, was arrested.
According to the paper, he wasn't really sure why;
the police didn't give people enough time to disperse
before massly arresting them for not dispersing.

The city district attorney _has_ informed Da Mayor that the city can't
just confiscate the bikes that were seized along with the riders;
apparently it's not part of the law :-)  On the other hand,
that doesn't mean they necessarily have to give them back
right away, as opposed to holding them as evidence.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 [email protected]
#   (If this is a mailing list or news, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)