upside of y2k

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Anonymous wrote:

>   There is an underground computer organization in place which is
>   actively working toward sabotaging government and corporate efforts
>   to resolve the Year 2000 problems.

This all reminds me of the old Polish joke....

Man takes week's wages into his bank, and he hands it over the counter
he has second thoughts, so he asks the teller "What if the bank collapses ?"

T: "Easy, sir.  We're in a federation that will bail us out."

C: "And if it's widespread, beyond the scope of the federation ?"

T: "Then the government bails us out."

C: "What, our Polish government ?  It could be too much for them."

T (getting bored): "Then the _Soviet_ government gets involved."

C: "It could get really big, affecting a number of satellites
    what if it gets beynd the reach of the Soviet gov ? I mean,
    it could result in the collapse of communism!"

T: "And isn't that worth a week's wages ?"

# Antonomasia   [email protected]                       #
# See http://www.notatla.demon.co.uk/                         #