Entrust Technologies's Solo - free download

Entrust Technologies (www.entrust.com) has made Solo available for
download, free for 30-day evaluation & edu/non-profit. For Win95/NT.
A mere $49 Cdn (~35 US) for commerical usage...

For e-mail / file encryption, digital signature

Solo uses 128-bit encryption, which is CAST-128, the royality-free
algorithm invented at Entrust/NorTel. It also uses 1024-bit RSA public-key
cryptography and has DES, Triple DES available.

Also follows FIPS 140-1 validated security kernel. It is compatible with
other Solo clients (of course), Entrust/Lite and Entrust.

It looks like PGP Inc might have some decent competition. I assume that
it won't have the market pentration of PGP, but at least it will make a
dent and might force PGP Inc. to make their product robust and flexiable.

"Offer not valid in Libya, Iran, Iraq, Cuba, Angola, Syria, and North
Korea"

I do not have any affiliation with Entrust or NorTel other than both being
in Canada. I don't even have a copy of Entrust/Lite.

--
Michael C. Taylor <[email protected]> <http://www.mta.ca/~mctaylor/>
"Not speaking on Mt Allison University's behalf"