Re: Sorry about accidental spamming

Tom Helenius wrote:
> Dear Security Professional,
> We apologize for the annoyance and confusion we might have caused to you
> due to human error in our email addressing. As a result some of our
> internal emails about the newly announced F-Secure VPN v1.1 software were
> erroneously emailed to your attention.
> It is definitively not our company policy to contribute to spamming on the
> Internet, and we do hope that you'll still want to receive the otherwise
> unbiased information sent to the members of our press list.

Tom,
  Bullshit!
  We on the CypherPunks list are wise to all the "Oops!" scams that
spammers use to pretend that they aren't inundating us with their
UCE/Spam crapola.
  "The Information You Requested"
  "Sorry! I Accidentally Sent My Post To 10,000,000 Email Addresses."

  To tell the truth, your post was not off-topic on this list, since
the list was formed to discuss privacy and security issues.
  However, your follow-up post makes it clear that you spammed a whole
shitload of InterNet users with your commercial message, and that the
fact that it was on-topic for our list was a mere matter of random
chance.
  Accordingly, we _will_ have to burn down your house, rape your wife,
kill your dog, and sell your children into slavery. The "upside" is
that some of us will probably purchase your F-Secure VPN v1.1 software,
as it seems to be a pretty decent product.

  Do you take Visa?

TruthMonger