The Bad Lie / Re: in defense on Lon Horiuchi

Chief Cypherpunks Spokesperson, Anonymous wrote:

> In any case, it wasn't really my intention to "compare" the deeds of
> Horiuchi and McVeigh.  I was merely noting that the defense of
> Horiuchi by Herr Direktor Freeh could have been used nearly
> verbatim in McVeigh's behalf.  As you've pointed out, though, there
> /is/ that crucial difference though, isn't there?  One of them has a
> badge and gets paid by the taxpayers, which makes him a "policeman."

My other brother, Anonymous, points out something obvious but often
forgotten, since "respect for authority" has been ingrained in us
much more than we are generally aware of.

"The winner makes the rules." is a truism, and it has a corollary:
"So does the tyrant."
But nobody ever seems to 'announce' that they are a tyrant. Chairman Mao
wasn't a tyrant. Abraham Lincoln wasn't a tyrant. Sadaam Hussein isn't
a tyrant. Bill Clinton isn't a tyrant.

Well, OK, maybe _some_ of them are tyrants, but only after they are
gone,
and even then, it depends on who the next winner is.
If the winner is, "My other brother, Sadaam." then there is a
difference,
not just in history, but in the present, from what officially recognized
reality is when "My other brother, the-US-backed-shill." is the winner.

Many people are impressed with themselves for their brilliance in being
able to recognize the truth someone else pointed out, "The winners write
history."
I am more impressed with people who realize that the winners also write
the present. And even more impressed with those who realize that one of
the great scourges of our age is that winners *rewrite* the present.

We live in the age of the Spin Doctor. Our generation has evolved past
the Big Lie, to the 1/2 Lie, to the Bad Lie.
We used to be content to smear our enemies with the Big Lie, so that we
could round up the Communists and not let them work to feed themself
and their families. Then we advanced to the 1/2 Lie, where we would
give lip service to freedom of religion/politics and merely subtly
discriminate against Communists if they applied for a job. Now we
have graduated to the Big Lie, where there are no Communists.

A test you can take in the comfort of your own home:

Question #1:
Yoo hoo! Anybody know what that huge country over there with the
billions
of people and the nuclear warheads is called?
Can you say 'China?' Sure you can...
Why is Communist nuclear power, China, not a threat, as the Russians
were? Because those in power don't _need_ them to be a threat, right
now. How can a country with that many potential consumers possibly
be a threat? Look for them to *become* a threat very quickly if they
nationalize the McDonald's franchises.

Question #2:
Who are the 'good' guys?

Moments In History: WacoShima & RubySaki
  Remember? When all those Japanese committed suicide when they saw
the nuclear bombs coming?
  For those of you too young to remember this event, it was similar
to when all of those Branch Davidians committed suicide when the
military tanks sent to 'save' them began firing chemicals and
explosives into the Waco complex to get rid of the mosquitos so
that the rescue team wouldn't get bitten.

The Bad News:
DoubleSpeak has come and gone, replaced by the Bad Lie.

The Bad Lies:
"I didn't inhale."
"I don't recall."
(dropping the bomb/shooting the child/seeing the money)
"It is a 'Police Action,' not a War"
"Peace Keeping Force"
"It's a 'PeaceMaker', not an 'Instrument of Doom.'"
"I promise not to cum in your wallet."
"Democracy."

And Even As We Speak:
Newsworld - CBC (TV) - "Four federal inquiries have found no evidence
of price-fixing in the gasoline industry."

News Flash!!!
New study finds Big Oil Executives psychic! All change prices at the
same time, with no collusion.

[Please excuse me for a moment, while I PgUp to remind myself what
 this post is about.]
Oh, yeah...

> In any case, it wasn't really my intention to "compare" the deeds of
> Horiuchi and McVeigh.  I was merely noting that the defense of
> Horiuchi by Herr Direktor Freeh could have been used nearly
> verbatim in McVeigh's behalf.  As you've pointed out, though, there
> /is/ that crucial difference though, isn't there?  One of them has a
> badge and gets paid by the taxpayers, which makes him a "policeman."

Kevin McHale, Boston Celtic, replying to comment by reporter that his
teammate, Danny Ainge, was considered the biggest asshole on the pro
basketball circuit:
"Yeah...but he's *our* asshole."

Say what you want about Waco, but parking ticket payments skyrocketed
after the event. Say what you want about Ruby Ridge, but fewer people
have missed court appearances for their parking tickets, since then.
Say what you want about Jim Bell, but now there is hardly anyone on
the Cypherpunks mailing list running around, saying, "NUKE DC!
NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC!
NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC!
NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC! NUKE DC! "

	NON-APOLOGY FOR LONG POSTS
        --------------------------
80's Rocker, on the 'new music':
"People don't have time for twenty minute guitar solo's anymore, man.
 They've gotta *be* somewhere."

Note to Zooko:
My other brother, Anonymous, may be a "vile slander", but he is *our*
vile slanderer.

Note to 'my other brother, Anonymous':
But if Zooko hadn't ripped into you, one of us would have.
We're Cypherpunks!

The Bad Lie
"Hand me the nine-iron."