Re: The Telcos oppose Oxley

At 08:27 PM 09/24/1997 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>At 7:31 PM -0700 9/24/97, Robert A. Costner wrote:
>>In Georgia the presence of a beeper is synonymous with drug sales.  At
>>least with law enforcement agencies.  Probationers and parolees are not
>
>In Silicon Valley, the presence of a beeper is synomynous with one being a
>technician or someone similar.  To keep the furnaces running, or whatever.

Beepers are also universal with sales people, partly because
cell phones don't have enough battery life; the new PCS phones that
combine the two capabilities may change this.
Computer dealer; drug dealer; - the latter knews what he's selling...

These days, beepers are being marketed for school kids,
partly so the parents can reach them but also so friends can.
Works fine in yuppie-spawn schools, yet inner-city schools consider
beepers to be evil and ban them.

>It appears we live on different planets. Further evidence that not only
>should we allow Georgia secede, we should kick them out.
>
>All the more reason for the Bill of Rights to be scrupulously adhered to.

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, [email protected]
Regular Key PGP Fingerprint D454 E202 CBC8 40BF  3C85 B884 0ABE 4639