Fwd: Re: [NTSEC] pgp 5.0 back door

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 20:41:06 -0400 (EDT)
From: Michael Warfield <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [NTSEC] pgp 5.0 back door ???

> hello,

> I have a little question Pgp 5.0 freeware have an global back door key of
> the us gouvernment or not ??

	Not.  Phil Zimmerman is an absolute religous fanatic about backdoors!
When ViaCrypt implimented a commercial escrow feature to give companies the
ability to issues keys where they had a key escrow, he used that as a reason
to break their contract.  He had a "no backdoor" clause in the ViaCrypt
agreement for PGP.  After the US goverment tried to investigate Phil into
bankruptcy for several years, I seriously doubt he would do ANYTHING
to assist them except to assist them into a pit somewhere...

> thxs 4 advance

> Gryzor

	Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield                 | Voice: (770)395-0150  (770)522-4823
Senior Engineer                     | Fax:   (770)395-1972