Re: Trademarking CypherSpace???

Bill Stewart wrote:

> Sigh.  A company called I-Planet is trying to trademark the term
> "Cypherspace", even though we've been using it for a couple of years
> in the cypherpunk community.  They're doing an IPSEC Virtual Private
> Network, with friendly HTML administration;
> http://www.i-planet.com/P2cypherpb.html . Looks like interesting stuff,
> and I wish them luck except in TMing the name :-)

What these guys are selling is an embedded unix box with some crypto code
in the kernel, plus socks, sendmail, named, apache, and some fax software
pre-installed, for $5000.  Pretty high price for a 100 mhz FreeBSD box,
tho I suspect they have substantial tech support costs.

I saw no mention of trademark claims for "cypherspace" on their web site.